Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Highway to Hell

No this post is not about the AC/DC song.

As I write this I am riding on my way to a conference in San Antonio. I am not driving so I had no input on the route. Here in Texas there are two schools of thought when it comes to taking a trip
1. Hit the interstate, hit the accelerator, and hit cruise control til you hit traffic. Muddle thru the traffic then go back to step 1. There are a few traffic spots, DFW, Austin, etc... but otherwise it is wide open spaces.

2. Taking the back way. This involves getting on a two lane road, no big traffic jams, and "scenic" landscape.

This is a great topic of debate among people who are travelling. People are very stubborn about their way being the quickest way to go. Of course option 1 is the correct way to go and guess which way we are going? I will give you a hint, it is not option 1. So we are cruising down the road, stopping at every speck on the map and driving for long periods of time behind farm trucks and the elderly. I am an impatient traveller and so I may very well suffer an aneurism on the way there. All I can say is God Bless the Internet for helping me to maintain my sanity.

I do have to admit that things are going more smoothly than I expected. Apparently, people seem to pull over and get out of your way when the plates on the vehicle you are riding in say JUDGE. It doesnt say which county so I think people are afraid it is a local judge.

Oh yeah and I am travelling with a judge so there is just "stiff" conversation. (inside joke to my readers who know the judges name)

Thanks for letting me rant you guys. I will reward you with photos from colorful San Antonio later this week. I don't know how well I will be able to do it on my Palm, but if I cant I will post pictures this weekend.

Show me some love in the comments cause I could really use the distraction. I know you've been reading so just speak up and say hi!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

281 is the only way to get San Antonio. Anything else is retarded.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger fear.of.landing said...

Well, anonymous is obviously a fan of option 1. Note the use of the word retarded which just proves how emotional people get regarding their choice of traveling style in the great state of Texas.

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pointing out how someone may be emotional about something is retarded

 

Post a Comment

<< Home