Tuesday, July 31, 2007

August and October both start with AW (shit)

My name is "fearoflanding" and I have phonetic dyslexia

So, I was working away at my desk when I receive an email from my boss. She wants to meet for a few minutes to discuss the conference we are going to next week.

*cue my brain frantically scrambling to grasp some detail that will give me a clue as to what she is talking about*

I do a search of my outlook in-box for "conference" and there it is, I am going out of town in a week! Unfortunately, I was completely certain that this conference was in October. I haven't made hotel reservations, my family doesn't know I am going out of town for three days, and I'm not certain but I am probably going to have to shuffle some appointments next week as well.

This is not the first time that this has happened. Only it isn't usually such a big thing like this. You see, August and October both sound that same at first. I get them confused all the time. It is just the *aw* sound that throws me because I don't seem to mix up March and May or January and July. (But I do mix up June and July from time to time but come on, they are right next to eachother.)

Well I guess that opens up a few days for me in October now to do something fun. I just hope I don't forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home