Saturday, November 03, 2007

Feeling Like a Kid Again

Thursday night I spent the night at my parents house. We were leaving my mom's house at 6AM Friday morning and I live about 15-20 minutes from my parents. Staying at mom's meant 15-20 more minutes of sleep for me and I lurve me some sleep! You have to be careful staying with your parents. There is a dangerous transformation that occurs. Let me illustrate for you:
FIRST- Mom was whippin' up some dinner (note-food that I don't have to prepare or pay for) while I just sat at the table and tried to read the little weekly paper. My new "sibling" (their damn dog...okay, yes I gave them the dog shut up!) would not leave me alone. She was jumping and pawing all over me and if I tried to pet her she would bite my fingers. I was super excited when mom finally put the little stinker in her crate. I think I have a glimpse of how my big brother must have felt.

SECOND: After dinner Dad was heading off for a quick run to the store.
DAD-Do you want anything from the store?
ME- Umm, let me think (cue me being excited running thru my mental rolodex of favorite snack items or mayhaps a magazine?!?! Followed by a snap back to reality and the realization that I don't "need" anything)
ME- No thanks, I'm good
DAD- You sure honey?
ME- Yeah, I'm sure thanks

THIRD- Bedtime is approaching and Mom asks what time I need to get up. I let her know that I have already set my alarm but she asks again. Never mind the fact that I get myself and my kids up every morning, make breakfasts, pack lunches, and get everyone off in time. Nope, I am still their kid and need to be awakened or I will be late. When I did wake up, I was in the bathroom getting ready and I heard my mom open the bedroom door to make sure I was up.

FOURTH- B-R-E-A-K-F-A-S-T
My dad cooked me some breakfast while I was getting ready. It was great and I found myself wanting him to sign a permission slip and pack me a lunch for school.

That's when I realized I really needed to get out of there before I lost my grip on the remaining threads of my maturity.

Note to my readers- Please foorgive any ridiculously obvious typos. I typed the whole post on my phone

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIRST!!!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger fear.of.landing said...

ONLY!! (besides me)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home